Introduction and Job Purpose
Cambridge Future Tech is a venture builder for DeepTech start-ups. We work with extraordinary talent from source to turn fantastic inventions into commercially successful ventures, facilitating the next generation of Deep Tech innovation.
CFT works with technical founders where there is deep expertise in technology but a need for commercial excellence and experience. We work across Digital (AI/Data) and Physical Sciences (Materials, Computing, Quantum and Industry 4.0). We are always looking for ambitious people with extensive commercial experience and a passion for technology.
As an Entrepreneur-In-Residence (EIR), you’ll have the chance to work with exciting and very young technology ventures, often pre-incorporation. An EIR is a flexible position, taking as much time as you are willing to devote, from advising ventures to joining as a full Launch-CEO of a deep tech start-up.
Registering as an EIR with CFT gives you a unique opportunity to get involved with exciting new technologies and build the foundation for the next generation of deep tech commercialisation. We are looking for Entrepreneurs-In-Residence with backgrounds in a variety of fields to match the many scenarios a DeepTech start up may face.
Key Role Responsibilities
- The role of Entrepreneur-In-Residence is flexible and will primarily be defined by your specific area of expertise.
- You will work directly with a portfolio company, advising and supporting their development across the lifecycle from a pre-incorporation scientific research project to a fully functioning Deep Tech venture.
- The extent of this work may range from short monthly calls to more in-depth engagement with the team, dependent upon availability.
Ideal Candidate Experience
Experience in the following areas would be ideal, though not essential:
- Experience as a founder of a start-up (DeepTech preferred)
- Experience as a leader within a large corporate organisation
- Experience within an early-stage investment firm
- Experience within a University Tech Transfer Office
Should you feel your experience is not perfect for what we are looking for, but you remain interested, please still get in touch! Cambridge Future Tech is always looking for people who can get involved with and add value to our ventures.
This role is entirely flexible in terms of hours and commitment. The engagement may be formal or informal. Compensation is decided between the EIR, the venture and CFT on a case-by-case basis and could be pro bono, rewarded with equity, by retainer, salary or through consulting contracts. Many of our EIRs enjoy the challenge, interest, and CV-expansion a venture engagement brings without asking for remuneration.
If you would like to work with some of the UK’s most exciting DeepTech start-ups please get in touch!