Neuro-XR is an early-stage startup based in Cambridge, UK, developing novel software solutions for a broad range of clients in multiple countries.
We are currently hiring for an exciting role in this Cambridge-based tech start-up. At Neuro XR, we are developing new methods of measuring and interacting with virtual environments, creating novel software solutions and biological measurement systems. With high potential for growth and multinational projects, we’re looking for someone to bring drive and enthusiasm to our small but growing team.
We work on bringing biological measurements to virtual environments, allowing our customers to measure the reactions of the people who use their virtual worlds- providing insights to VR manufacturers, entertainment companies and software giants.
At Neuro XR, our first year’s objective is growth and development. While we have some projects with clients planned throughout the year, your main goal will be to aid us in developing our Software from the ground up based on our proprietary technologies. We’re looking for someone who not only brings technical skill but can help us conceptualise and re-imagine our software platform as we go. We believe in a strong level of independence for our employees, and trust that your technical skill can be relied on to get the job done in your own way.
In this role, you’ll be helping to develop:
- A framework around which biological measurements can be collected and analysed- working with a signal Processing engineer to do so.
- Collaborating with Psychological Researchers and Signal Processing engineers to develop the technical analysis and conversion of Biological Signals into workable data.
- Developing Basic UX / UI for the software.
- The Building and Developing of Visual outputs based on Data Inputs.
- Developing the integration of Virtual Environments with our application using their APIs.
Why work with us?
- Annual leave entitlement of 28 Days
- Flexibility to work from Home where possible.
- Possibility of international travel and projects
- Equipment Budget of up to £1000
- Options Pool available
- Excellent Progression Opportunities and potential for Building a Team around you as the company grows.
- A focus on well-being, equality, and diversity in the workplace
About you – preferred requirements for this role
- University / Higher Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Preferred 3-4 years of experience in application and software development.
- The ability to solve complex technical problems with the collaboration of Team-members with differing technical knowledge.
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming language such as Java, Python, C++, C#, Kotlin, Rust, or others.
- Not just Technical Ability, but the ability to use imaginative thinking and creative problem solving to develop and grow the technology together.
- Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
If you do not meet all of these requirements, do not be discouraged from applying- we encourage on-the-job growth and learning.
We also encourage applicants of all ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities, and orientations to apply. We are also a disability-confident employer and will accommodate any and all needs of our team members.
Getting the job
Please send us a cover letter, your CV and any supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
We might invite candidates for interviews during the application period, so the sooner you apply the better!
If you have any questions regarding this application process, please reach out to email@example.com to get in touch.
We look forward to receiving your application!