Cambridge Future Tech (CFT) is a venture builder creating and accelerating revolutionary start-ups. We work with extraordinary talent from source to turn fantastic inventions into commercially successful ventures, facilitating the next generation of innovation and disruption.
CFT is working with a startup developing scalable digital tools to augment existing human and digital mental health care resources. This startup is a spinout from an existing, successful mental health care business and has already secured initial funding to execute on an MVP and early product roadmap.
We are searching for a Head of Psychology Operations at the company. You will be joining an existing start-up team, including a specialist clinician & business leader and an experienced entrepreneur & product expert, along with the operational support of the CFT venture builder team and advisor support from existing industry veterans.
The company has established a vision and plan, including securing funding to resource the initial team for it’s initial runway. From this starting point, you will own the psychology operations within the team, providing key insights that feed into the product, strategy and vision of the company. You will be a key part of the senior executive team within the company, working closely with the founders and reporting directly to the CEO. You will have significant autonomy to develop the psychology vertical within the company.
We are recruiting for an energetic, pragmatic and capable leader to lead the psychology functions within the start-up. Ideal candidates would have the following experience:
- 5 years’ experience of working in clinical psychology research and mental health interventions (Bonus: Focus around young people)
- Demonstrated excellence in research operations at large scale with multiple teams and project managing efficacy pilots in either research of clinical settings.
- Experience in working on conversational design for digital mental health interventions or in any digital mental health projects/ product development
- Clear track record of excellence in project management, including cross-functional teams.
- A strong eye for detail. apt at process design, organizational skills, and productivity
- A super collaborative attitude with curious growth mindset, with the ability to talk through and coach other leaders and team by making suggestions and taking initiative on challenging and ambiguous problems.
- A passion to leverage technology and democratize mental health tool access across the world
- To lead the content and conversation design for digital psychological interventions
- To build a research pipeline and a content roadmap around various emotional support interventions for young people, in line with the product strategy
- To collaborate cross-functionally with the Product and Engineering teams and contribute to the product development process with insights and perspectives from psychology research
- To project manage operations around the mental health intervention efficacy testing pilots and deliver on evidence reports and insights
- To contribute to building continuously improving processes around the psychology vertical
- To implement best practices of safety, security and privacy around clinical studies and pilots
As a senior executive within a venture builder ecosystem, you will be closely supported by the Cambridge Future Tech team and your peer group across the Cambridge Future Tech portfolio.
Should you feel your experience is not perfect for what we are looking for, but you remain interested, please still get in touch. The nature of an early-stage technology start-up is such that new opportunities can arise which require fast execution.
As such, if you would like to apply for specific roles or to join the ecosystem around this mental health start-up, or for any other potential roles within the CFT ecosystem, then please get in touch.