Introduction and Job Purpose
Cambridge Future Tech is a venture builder for DeepTech start-ups. We work with extraordinary talent from source to turn fantastic inventions into commercially successful ventures, facilitating the next generation of Deep Tech innovation.
CFT works with technical founders where there is deep expertise in technology but a need for commercial excellence and experience. We work across Digital (AI/Data) and Physical Sciences (Materials, Computing, Quantum and Industry 4.0)
We are seeking a Lead Project Manager to take responsibility for the delivery of a significant programme of Deep Tech venture creation activities across Europe.
This programme will work with the best and brightest minds in Europe to support the commercialisation of some of the 21st Century’s most exciting technologies.
Key Role Responsibilities
As a leading member of the programme team you will have primary responsibilty for budget and deliverables across a consortium of entities delivering venture creation across the UK and Europe.
The consortium of entities comprises a range of professional services with differing priorities, resource requirements and outputs. They will be working across Europe, in multiple jurisdictions and with numerous third parties.
- This is a key leadership role within the consortium.
- You will be the primary coordinator and project manager.
- You will need to manage multiple actors both within the consortium and across the wider operating ecosystem.
- It will be your responsibility to manage the flow of information both within the consortium and between the consortium and third parties, including the maintenance of mandatory reporting requirements.
- You will be supported in your role by both the Cambridge Future Tech team and other members of the programme team.
- Fluency in English (other European languages desirable)
- Certified Project Management Skills (PRINCE2 or equivalent)
- Experience working across the UK and Europe
- Experience with projects where budgets exceed £1m per annum
Should you feel deficient in one or two of the Minimum Requirements, please apply nonetheless! We are looking for a strong cultural fit and a can-do attitude above all else.
We are seeking to hire on a 24 month contract with mutual renewal options. We welcome applicants from the both the UK and the European Union.
The role is for a nominal 40-hr week, with flexible working hours and the option to work remotely (in the UK or Europe) or a mix of home and office (Cambridge) as it suits you.
Compressed or flexible hours will be considered – please let us know your needs.
Travel (UK and Europe) will be required to attend events, meetings, and more.
We trust our team, operating an unlimited leave policy, competitive salaries, and the opportunity to work in the heart of the Cambridge Science Park in our beautiful office space at the Bradfield Centre. We value sport & exercise (gym membership included), family time, and a passion for commercialising new technologies. If this sounds like you, please get in touch!
If you would like to work with some of Europe’s most exciting DeepTech start-ups, please get in touch!